The number of volunteers in the ACT caring for the environment continues to increase. There are many ways to get involved. You can:
- participate in monitoring organisations such as Waterwatch, Frogwatch, and the Canberra Ornithologists Group that collect information about local species (what type, how many and where) and the health of our environment
- join an ACT natural resource management group, such as ParkCare, Urban Parks and Places Volunteering, or an environmental community group involved in a variety of activities such as Landcare, Greening Australia and the many ‘Friends of’ groups.
- a great place to check out the many opportunities to volunteer for our environment is the Landcare website
- care for injured wildlife through organisations such as ACT Wildlife.
- raise awareness about local environmental issues
- share local species knowledge through the Canberra nature map website
- plant trees, remove weeds and other unwanted vegetation
- check out Actsmart schools to learn about how your school can support The variety of all life and living processes in the environm, sustainable transport, water, waste and energy use
- encourage others to develop sustainable habits such as saving water and reducing waste.