We can all help to reduce the environmental impacts from our The places where people live, including cities such as Canbe More. You can:
- Minimise vehicle use and take public transport, ride a bike, or walk.
- Use less water and reuse water where possible. An example of water reuse is using shower water in the garden.
- Reduce your energy use (see tips in the Climate is changing section).
- Minimise waste by reducing your consumption of goods and choosing products that are better for the environment e.g. those with less packaging.
- Reuse products, repair rather than replace, and recycle more.
- Choose locally produced food and try alternative sources of protein with lower footprints.
- Check out Actsmart schools to learn about how your school can support sustainable transport, water, waste and energy use